Friday, January 30, 2009

chapter twelve: long practice ♥

we stepped in the concert hall, and i sighed. it was so big. one of mcfly's tech people came up to us and said, "guys, we're sold out." i smiled at danny and he looked proud.
"i told you," i whispered to him. he pulled his arm around me.
the tech guy raised his eyebrows at our exchange. "getting a little close, huh?" danny just laughed, but my stomach lurched. to fast? whatever, veronica, don't worry about it. apperantly, he doesn't mind it, neither should you. i tried my best to smile, anyways.

isabelle did pretty good when we practiced, dougie let vanessa try the bass, (or what he calls his "precious baby" so she had to wrap her arms around him to play it. it was really a boy ploi. she bit his neck a couple of times, he has marks.) and i sat and watched danny and tom do some freestyle.
tom taught me some stuff on the guitar, and they practiced a few songs they added to their concert. they walked around the hall while their music was playing to make sure the sound was working right. they also tested their instruments like from their earlier concert.
harry was gonna play some of the piano chords for some of the songs. (tom taught him.) danny and dougie also suggested he sing a song.
i got out my laptop from my coach bag. i put on my glasses and started writing to my parents on my email. i also emailed some of my other friends telling them what had happened in the last few days.
harry came over and looked at me. "i didn't know you wore glasses. cool."
"like isabelle."
"yeah, like isabelle." he glanced at isabelle and sighed.
"what's wrong harry?" he pointed to his foot, then isabelle. "ah. you wanna be on stage? or do you not want her to have a hassle?"
"both." he rubbed his eyes. "at least i'll have a break." i laughed a little and patted him on the back.
i felt nervous for isabelle, sorry for harry, and just... strange. this was all happening. or so it seemed. i still thought i was dreaming.
harry got up to go get a snack, and i put my laptop away. tom and danny were still walking around the hall, goofing off. i had no idea where kathryn isabelle or vanessa were. i decided to text dougie. (they had given us their numbers earlier.)
i wrote,

hey doug, you know where the girls are?

he texted me back in a minute;

yeah, they're in the lighting room with me. tom's talkin on his phone, telling us when the lighting looks good or bad.

sure enough, i glanced over at tom, and he had a silver blackberry up to his ear. i walked over by danny and tom.
"hey, you wear glasses?" tom asked, covering the mouthpeice. danny looked at me and smiled.
"sure," i said. i took them off and put them in my pocket though, making a mental not to put them in my purse before we left.
"alright, i think we're done." danny told tom. tom said something to the person on the phone, and we walked back down to the stage again.
"what are we doing now?" i asked, hoping there would be some food in it.
"dinner, silly." i smiled when danny punched my lightly.

((i DID NOT write the song in this chapter or any songs in the previous chapters.))

No comments: